American company LA-CO Industries Inc. in 2015, acquired a well-known American manufacturer of temperature measuring instruments - Tempil. This merger has significantly expanded the range of industrial markers and other means for diagnosing the temperatures of materials.
At the moment, LA-CO Markal offers in its line of thermo-indicator pencils of its own production - THERMOMELT HEAT STIK and THERMOMELT HEAT STIK Certified models, as well as a model from Tempil-TEMPILSTIK.
Thermo pencils - universal means of instantaneous determination of temperature on the metal surface in the range from +38 0С to 1204 0С. In this case, a high accuracy of the control is achieved ± 1% within the temperature range.
The thermo pencils is a rod consisting of a lacopolymer composite. The rod is mounted in a metal casing, provided with a pocket holder and a pin retainer. The material of the rod melts at a certain temperature, called the value of the pencil. The nominal value is indicated on the pencil case.
Easy and accurate determination of surface temperature:
- inexpensive alternative to electronic thermometers;
- ease of operation: no electronics, no recording instruments, anyone can work anywhere;
- 113 pencils are possible temperature values in the range from +38 0С to 1204 0С;
- high accuracy: the melting of the mark occurs with an accuracy of ± 1% of the set value.
Principle of operation:
To determine the moment when a certain temperature is reached, a label with a thermal index pencil of the appropriate denomination is placed on the monitored surface. When a certain temperature threshold is reached, the label applied to the surface melts. If the temperature continues to grow, then its polymerization takes place (the inscription hardens). The label is retained even after the surface is cooled. To remove the mark, you must use abrasive materials.
- Unscrew the tip of the pencil by 2 turns;
- Extend the marking rod to 2-3 mm and wrap the tip, fixing the marking rod;
- Stroke the material of the rod on the surface to be checked;
- When the temperature indicated on the pencil body is reached, the applied material will melt.
One thermal pencil is enough for 400-500 marks.
Determination of surface temperature in the process:
- welding and manufacturing of metal structures;
- post-weld heat treatment;
- removal of the welding voltage;
- annealing, tempering.
Determination of the temperature of units and parts:
- electronic components;
- hydraulic systems;
- heat exchangers.